Viable Leadership Initiative (VLI) is a pro-democracy and good governance advocacy group which seeks to drive positive change throughout our continent by actively promoting transparency, accountability, justice, and fairness at all levels of government. We exist to facilitate the developmental progression of every state through advocacy, empowerment of youths and the girl child, among others.
VLI is an all-inclusive and non-discriminatory group which seeks to encourage individuals and groups to freely participate in the democratic process, through the use of the best principles and practices of good governance, regardless of their race, tribe, religion, social class, or gender.
It is no secret that the deterioration of the African continent is hugely attributed to bad governance which has left the citizens suffering.
- To achieve a democratic society that is governed by the rule of law - inherently restricting the arbitrary exercise of power and promoting probity and accountability.
- To create a platform to assist and support citizens through advocacy and empowerment so as to create an equal opportunity for all citizens driven by the desire to better the lives of the people.
- To develop and share knowledge and information on democratic processes, civil rights, and human rights to interested participants throughout the world.
- To support citizens through advocacy, citizen empowerment, educational activities and civic participation.
- To champion diversity and encourage interethnic and intercultural tolerance in democratic processes.
- Promotion of democratic practices and principles through participatory and candid processes.
- To relentlessly monitor policies in the economic, political, and social spheres of the society, ensuring that they serve the people who need it most.
- To create a platform for the advocacy of equal rights and justice in the society.
- To advocate for right minded persons to run the administrative affairs of our country.
We recognize that our strength lies in diversity, so we gladly welcome everyone knowing that regardless of our backgrounds, we are united by the desire to exist in a truly democratic society.
With no affiliation to any particular political party, we aim to provide truthful unprejudiced information to aid in the achievements of our organizational goals.
We acknowledge every leader- both past and present/known and unknown, who has set the pace for better governance in the African continent. However, we know that there is still so much work to be done and are willing to change our tactics and strategies to ensure that we arrive at our destination.
AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
In doing our work we aim to:
- Provide quality leadership training.
- Organize seminars and other educational events that are open to all people, including law makers, media personnel, policy professionals, activists, members of NGO, and scholars.
- Make information about democratic policies, civil rights, and human rights widely accessible through our resource catalogue.
- To advance human rights.
- Render legal assistance to women, children, and marginalized members of the society.
- To provide humanitarian services to the vulnerable and less privileged members of the society.
- Empower and encourage individuals to discover and utilize their hidden potentials in order to improve their lives.
- Provide opportunities for the marginalized youth in the society.
- Work with relevant stake holders who share our vision to fight against corruption, terrorism, and economic sabotage.
- Establish partnerships with organizations which will aid in the fight to build up our nation.
- Provide current information on pro-democratic events.
- Offer commentary on pro-democratic movements around the world.
- Celebrate the victories made by us or related groups and movements.